Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Day 1

Today i attempted to give up smoking. I usually do about 20 a day.

I had to drive to Bristol today for a seminar and i find that i smoke quite a lot when driving, so it was a tough start to the day but i made it- nicotine-free. Having to sit in a large lecture theatre for hours on end also helped. I buckled at 2PM though. Some colleagues went out for a smoke at lunch time and i just had to join in. Damn it.

I also had one on the way home. My excuse is that it takes about 90 minutes to drive home and the traffic was heavy. I actually bought a pack of 10 on the way back and have left them in the car. Perhaps i should get the kids to hide them.

Anyway. I tried - i failed, but not as badly as i thought. I always have the patches to drop back on if it gets any worse.

3 comments:

Kid Ric said...

Hey Dereck,

Thanks for the post. Keep the beat for sure. I've always wanted to be a guitar player. Hahaha.

I wrote a poem about smoking and quiting called "Tomorrow". It is on my blog in last months achive. Check it out if you have the chance?

Peace, love and light to you and yours.

Claire Eliza said...

hey, thats way better than nothing!! i dont smoke so i am not quiting. (haha)

congrats though!!

- claire -

Suesjoy said...

A winner never quits and a quitter always wins.
-Sue D.
xxx