Friday, November 25, 2005

A Hermaphrodite Snow Sculpture

It started snowing here about 12pm last night. By the time I got up we had about 4" of snow. (That's 10cm in foreign language)

For those of you who don't know how it works over here, we haven't had much snow in the last 10 years' or so. When it comes it's a big deal. Everyone goes to Tesco's and buys the whole effing place. People with trolleys full of bread, milk and anything else not nailed down, batter the crap out of each other to get back to their cars before it even starts snowing.

Why?

Because at the merest hint of a snowdrop, the roads get blocked. Our infrastructure here relies on under-funded local councils gritting the road. They do their best, love them, but it's crap.

For the love of God how do you manage in Canada? If the brits still ran it you would be shut for half of the year.

K, rant over. The upside of the snow is that it looks so Goddamn pretty. I took some photos this morning. The scenic one looks over my back garden toward the north Devon/Somerset coast line. (usually visible on a clear day).













The next is of Tommy. He is standing still trying to camouflage himself so he doesn't have to go for a walk. (You are white, Tommy, but not that white, dude.)
















The last photo is my snow sculpture. To be politically correct (and the aforementioned council are trying to ban the word Christmas for the offence it causes) we can no longer build snowmen. No, it excludes snow-women. So to keep it equal I built a hermaphrodite one. It has tits and a knob too!. Classic.


11 comments:

E.L. Wisty said...

Heheheh, excellent and a good statement! Hope we had snow. Had a little but it melted away.

Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

Great blog! You should be an interior decorator...all homes should have a Who room :)

Anonymous said...

in what are of the world are you located?

Anonymous said...

area

Delbut said...

For Anon. I am in south Wales

Fleur de Bee said...

ROFL you are so cheeky! I LOVE IT! I think you should come make those on the front lawn of my neighborhood and make everyone gasp! Oh thanks for the laugh!

Have a great day. Looks like yours is stunning white . No go call in sick! hehehe

Adam said...

Hello Delbut !

I read that you need to know where to park for the Twickenham gig. If you try going onto

www.multimap.com

Then into 'search' at the top left hand corner put in

Ranelagh Drive Twickenham.

When you get onto the map you can then pan in all directions. I've had a quick look myself and it shows you where the parking spaces are in and around the area.

See you there!

All the best Adam.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your um sculpture seems to have afflicted your dog with a malady. Might want to see to that.
(whistles loudly)
Pupsicle come!

Miss you too.

S.

Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

Yes, Zontar may not be up there with The Bridge Over The River Kwai but it is still very entertaining. I know in the UK that you have UFO-was there any show that was cooler?
Have fun at Twickers!

AlianaDrex said...

Yes, I could use a little help, if you have time. My e-mail is on my profile page. Thanks! Ali

Delbut said...

Anon. S.

I left my email address on your blog. Use it!