Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Bugger

A tad harder today. i'm in the office and trying to keep busy but it keeps popping into my head. "It's fag time."
I am resisting by replying, "Ok, i'll have one after doing so-and-so." That keeps it at bay for a while. I am wearing a patch today and nearly ripped it off my arm, rolled it up and set light to it so i could smoke that instead but i guess that would just be stupid.

Off on a couple of visits tomorrow so that should keep my brain more occupied. Then again, i have to go to Swansea and Newport and if you have ever been there, you will understand that they are enough to make the Pope smoke dope so...

4 comments:

Mike S said...

Hey Dereck,

Yeah Magik and Derick re-introduced
me to the wonderful world of
Whoville as far as getting to
meet members of the band.
Especially Magik,he knew all
the hotspots that they'd be
hanging around during the
tours so I have been lucky.
I miss Derick as he used to
live by me in Southern Florida
and we used to have WHO parties
every other weekend.Since then
he has moved back to his homeland
of Trinidad.I look forward to
meeting up with those guys in
Whoville once more.Are you going
to attend the upcoming Who convention? Be well,good luck
on the cigs, I haven't been
able to lick them yet,don't know
that I'm ready just yet.Cheers.

Nabonidus said...

The nicotine gum is far more merciful,
I know this from personal experience.
You can sit at your desk and actually feel a pleasant rush of nicotine, without having to go outside.
But then you wind up having to wean yourself off of the gum ( as with the patch). Still worth it, though.

Mike S said...

Hi Dereck,

The Who convention will be
sometime in April in Shepherds
Bush,London at the Bush Hall.
Matter of fact,one of the organizers of the convention
is Derick.Here's the website
with all the info:

http://www.whoconvention.com/


Cheers,
Mike

Kara said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Do you notice a difference with the patch versus cold turkey? Is it helping you?