Sunday, October 30, 2005

Tommy


Ah, Tommy is a Bichon Frise. As you can see from the blurb below, he comes from the Mediterranean. Well that's not strictly true, he came from down the road. His little legs wouldn't have got him here really, would they? And he doesn't read maps or catch trains.

Also in the blurb below, it says he found early success in Spain, which is more than Michael Owen did.

If you visit dog shows or the such, you will normally see these dogs ponced up with stupid hair-do's . Not mine.

Tommy's hobbies are:
  • Eating the heels of my shoes if inadvertently left out at night.
  • Barking.
  • Sniffing the cat's arse and then running away
  • Posing for pictures.
  • Turning rusty. (evidenced in this photo)

    My tips for these dogs are:
  • Pick your shoes up.
  • Let them bark a bit.
  • Unless you like watching them sniffing cats' arses- get rid of the cat.
  • Don't take too many photo's as they tend to get a bit star-struck and become unbearable.
  • Don't let them out in the rain.

    The Blurb (ripped from the Kennel Club of America site. Ta muchly)
    The Bichon descended from the Barbet or Water-Spaniel, from which came the name "Barbichon", later contracted to Bichon.
    The Bichon was developed in the Mediterranean area.
    Appreciated for their dispositions, Bichons traveled much through antiquity, finding early success in Spain and frequently used as items of barter internationally.
    Bichons were rediscovered by the Italians in the 14th century and became great favorites of Italian nobility.
    The "Teneriffe" ("Teneriffe" being the Canary Island) or "Bichon" made its appearance in France under Francis I, the patron of the Renaissance, but its greatest success was in the court of Henry III.
    The Bichon was also a favorite in Spain, becoming a favorite of the Infantas and painters of the Spanish school (the breed is featured in a number of Goya's paintings).

6 comments:

Fleur de Bee said...

Cute! Looks a lot like Rachels dog she refers to as "Barney the Tampon"! LOL

jillytee said...

nice blog, it made me laugh, especially Tommys Hobbies.

jillytee said...

I make new inventories for properties to be let, I check tennants in and out and do interim inspections. I'm self employed and my work comes via letting agents. What about you?

jillytee said...

I,m not sure how one is supposed to reply to a fellow blogger, so I just hop around and comment all over.
Thought ...... maybe that's the idea!

Nabonidus said...

Aw, Tommy's so damned cute! : )
Thanks for making me laugh,
I needed it.

BTW, I used to be a groomer,
before my back couldn't handle
it anymore. And I noticed that specifically Bichon's seem to be prone to skin sensitivities, allergies, etc.
Seemed that 4 out of 5 that came in
would have pink, irritated skin somewhere on their bodies, if not all over. I hope Tommy isn't suffering with these sorts of ailments! Maybe it's exclusive, something to do with the southern CA smog/air. Poor CA Bichons!
( and I never liked cutting Poodles or Bichon's hair. I hate those silly haircuts, though I was good at it).

Suesjoy said...

hmmmm....
anjoli loves your dog.
:)