Monday, February 12, 2007

What fucking snow?? A Rant.

For all my non-British friends, we had snow last week. When i say snow it was about enough to sprinkle on a hand full of Bex's hand-made cards. She does make some great stuff by the way. If you haven't seen them check it out.

Anyway, back to the snow. Granted, we had about 4 inches in my part of the world and the kids went off with their trays to toboggan down hills rather than going to school. Me? Dull fucker Delbut was about 300 miles away in north Wales and missed it. I drove back the next day and it had all gone. Twat it, said I.
Anywho, it started again on Friday and the school sent the kids home again. By the time they got home it had melted and Delbut missed out on skiing again. Fuck it, said I.

Apart from me not getting to act like a kid, i had to suffer the BBC going on as if aliens had landed. Have they not seen snow before? Do we need updates every half-an-hour to show that the snow had gone from being 2 inches deep to 2.1 inches deep?

Listen BBC: tell me when someone has been brutally murdered; tell me when some poor soul has suffered due to there being no beds in our hospitals; yes, tell me if my taxes are going up again, but please give me the benefit of the doubt over my intelligence that i can work out for myself how deep my snow is and see that it will be gone by tea time.


Rule of thumb of you, BBC.

Unless the snow is at least a foot deep, it needs to be filed under: not worth mentioning, and stick it in the "not to be mentioned ever again" drawer - together with these topics: The Beckhams, anything to do with Rugby, Celeb's shinanigans, Royalty and Rolling Stones' tours.

If it is a foot or more deep, then just report the facts. We don't need you to hire a helicopter to fly over fields to show us pictures of snow. We can see it.

8 comments:

pictures of lily said...

Well Del,
CNN is predicting 10-12 inches on Wednesday, here in New England.. At my house!! Snow that is..

Oh well, thought things would be looking "up" for Valentine's Day. Guess I can go out and make phallic snow symbols in the garden instead.
2.1 inches... Think I'd be rather embarassed to even report that ;-)

BlackVelvetLace said...

We're getting 12".

We'll see. Hah.

~Lace~

Suesjoy said...

Yeah I was expecting a pic of a perverted snow sculpture Del.
Oh well.
(Although it would be hard to top last year's hermaphroditic snowperson).
:)

BlackVelvetLace said...

Yo, I missed that one Sue!

~Lace~

Suesjoy said...

Dereck!
What's the scoop on yer Who tix??
Did you get 'em?
For which show(s)?
Good seats?

Spill it!!

:)

TTFN

I remain,
Your friend,
Jealous in San Diego..boo who...
Swho

Metalchick said...

Hi Delbut,
I heard about you guys getting snow, our news programs even reported it!

I'm guessing the BBC kept reporting the snow because there probably wasn't anything else to report on, unless you wanted to hear about Britney Spears shaving her head.

It was starting to warm up in Southern California, but now it's raining here.

I hope you do get a chance to play in the snow.

Take care.

musicmikey said...

Hey Delbut, thanks for the invite mate, would love to have lunch some time.
Absolutely love your blog mate, thanks very much, very funny. Hope to see you soon, take care mate.
mikey

Suesjoy said...

What you don't comment on my bloggie anymore?
Not good enough for you ay?
You'll like my new post, trust me.
xx