Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Weaning off the weed

November the 1st is the day I stop smoking. I have done it before so I know I can do it again. I smoke 20 a day and it costs a fortune.

The last time I gave up, I went 6 years without wanting a fag. I started again by having one now and again when I went to the pub. I was in control. 2 fags in a night then nothing for ages. Trouble is, it creeps up on you and the next thing I know, bugger, I'm smoking again.

Have been back on them for about 3 years now. It will be harder this time because when I gave up the first time, I worked with my hands and kept myself busy; now I either sit at my desk at home or travel a lot in the car for work. It's at those times I'm at my most needy.

Only 6 more days to go, wish me luck.

1 comment:

Suesjoy said...

Good luck!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx