Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Oh my aching arms.

As it happens, the first gig went quite well. Started our first set and the reaction was a bit muted.
Second half I told the other guys to turn it up to stop people talking. (Pete Townshend once said: People come to hear me, I don't want to hear them.)

It worked. People actually took a bit of notice and got off their arse and danced.
Dropped a stick during 'Substitute' but I think I got away with it. My arms still ache, which proves I'm not fit enough to be a drummer and that it's probably due to me smoking.

Which leads me on to my next post.

1 comment:

Kid Ric said...

Hi Dereck,

Drummers rule man. Keep the beat, keep the faith and keep on kickin'. After enough years of playing your arms do stop hurting. I smoke and playing just winds me up and gets me going. What a rush playin' drums is.

Peace, love and light.