Sunday, February 05, 2006

Tagged

Molly, love her sweet heart, "tagged" me the other day. This means that you have to list 5 interesting "facts" about yourself. I know it's not law but i thought i'd join in anyway.

1) Up until the age of 16, i had an imaginary dog called Fido. Fido came with me everywhere -including school. Fido tended to get me in trouble but i managed to fool some of the more... stupid teachers into believing that Fido was real. I would bark, open the door, and let Fido out of the classroom at regular intervals. Some of the teachers would open the door to see where the dog had gone. D'oh.
When i was about 7, we were on our way on holiday when i made my Dad stop, open the door of the car, and let Fido in because i had forgotton him.

2) I had the chance of a promising career as a professional football player. Playing in the local league, i was "spotted" by a scout from Cardiff City and asked for trials. Long story short, i didn't go because i was on holiday. Reality is, i had found cigarettes, drink, and shagging. I was also hanicapped with a burst eardrum from a smack around the head from my Maths teacher "Killer" Curtis. No doubt i was being cheeky but i have always blamed it on Fido. That fucking dog.

3)I once kissed a bloke -tongues and everything. In my defence, i did know the bloke and we are still good friends. Some of you more broadminded people out there will say, that's cool, being gay is ok. If only it was like that. The reason we did it was we tried to get two girls to kiss and they said, only if you do first. Being rather perverted and pissed, we agreed. Needless to say, they didn't keep their side of the bargain.

4)When on a drinking binge in Swansea one night. Our minibus had left without me and my mate. (the one mentioned above) While we were working out how to get home (some 20 miles away) i was caught short in the toilet department. Not a wee wee but a dump. (english vernacular for shit). Anyway, no public toilets available but plenty of boats in the harbour. I climbed aboard and did the business over the side. In the meantime my mate had gone walkabout, found a wallet with £30 in it.

So two apologies. If you returned to your boat one morning only to find your flag was used as toilet paper; or if you lost a wallet and £30 -sorry.

5) It's my birthday today and i'm 47. I hate having birthdays apart from the pressies and getting spoilt.My brain feels 27, but my body feels 57. I have one shaved leg, a bald patch (not a big one though)dodgy knees, i smoke too much and don't drink enough. I have good friends, a great family and life at the moment is good.

Sorry for the boring facts but i did warn people that i'm not that interesting.

11 comments:

Marietta Zervou said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DELBUT!!!!

Always 27!

xoxoxo
M

Tausha71979 said...

Happy Birthday love!

I'm sorry I've tried to post something for you on my blog. Though it is not letting me log in:( I hope that you had a wonderful day!!!!

xxTaushaxx

Anne-Marie said...

Happy birthday, Del!
I rose to your challenge and did a silly post about my legs. I would now like you to snap that shaved leg and show it off please. Don't be like those girls who didn't kiss, right?

Great story about Fido. And the dump and wallet one is funny, too. Not if you owned the boat, but it made me laugh.

Cheers,
AM

Koos F said...

Delbut said...
"Looking forward to hearing your album soon."
You can download the tunes here
Love
Koos

Tausha71979 said...

Oh on your tag answers, I didn't think that they were boring! Love the stories about you & your friend, also interesting to learn about your not so there doggy!

xxTaushaxx

elena said...

Happy birthday Delbut!!! You are very funny, you made me laugh out loud, ha,ha..

AlianaDrex said...

These are the best answers ever. I hope your birthday was wonderful.
xx
Ali

stef-at-blog said...

Many happy returns, Delbut.
So we both prefer the Who :-)
I wasn't trying to say Stones were better. But I wouldn't critic them either. A big back catalogue, and they play lots of it, to a massive following.
Jeremy Clarkson might agree with you though !

elena said...

Thank you Delbut!!! I too think that he is not with them...
:):):)

Rich Greiner said...

I think I'm on fire, rivets are getting a little hot living in PA. Have to burn a buggy to keep warm occationally. 3:25 AM in USA, looking forward to visiting Abbey Road. Well, Happy Birthday, cheers to you. Rich & Jenn

Nabonidus said...

What, are you kidding? You aren't boring! Hell, just having a mum with a penchant for shovels is pretty interesting, to me! lol
Happy belated Birthday,sorry I didn't make it here sooner.
I liked your tag "facts" hehe :) xoxox