Thursday, June 07, 2007

Bring it on, you northern tossers.

Ok, quick potted history of this year's football.

West Ham United - my fav team - were doing really badly. They were on the point of finishing in the bottom 3 and therefore, getting relegated to the division below. But, they won a bunch of games at the end and managed to saty up. With me? good. BUT. They signed a couple of players from Argentina and it turns out they did it illegally. So they get fined £5m. A lot of people thought this was too lenient and called for them to be deducted points. Anyway, one of the teams who finished below them -and got relegated to the division below -are challenging the matter in court, in a hope that West Ham will get relegated instead. Still with me? It matters, because there is about £50m involved in television rights.

Right, that's not the point of my post.

The point is: this other team -Sheffield United - have a famous celeb supporter, who is going to go to the politicians and complain to them! Sean Bean -famous for...erm...hang on...oh, yeah, being a baddy in a James Bond film.
God, he looks gay.

Firstly, i'm surprised such a backward team has a famous supporter, secondly, i'm surprised he admits it. Thirdly, i'm dissapointed he is going to the politicians.

So to raise the stakes, as it were. We'll see your Sean Bean, and raise you a Ray Winston (Who connection, anyone?) , A Danny Dyer, A David Essex and to top it all, Frodo fucking Baggins. (Elijah Wood made a film called Green Street, which was about an American getting caught up with West Ham's hooligan supporters. )


I intend to invite Mr Bean (heehee) to a fist fight with Ray Winston (still not got the Who connection???) Winner's team stays up. BRING IT ON.
If by some stretch of the imagination Sean Bean beats Ray Winston ( i know, it's just me being stupid) then Frodo will kick him in the nuts.

10 comments:

BlackVelvetLace said...

Del,

I barely know what the line of scrimmage is. Can you post something of interest to the ladies around here?!?!?

PS Does football to you mean what football does to me? Or are you really talking about soccer er sumethin here???

~Lace~

Suesjoy said...

Hee hee.
easy on the gay slurs!

do you mean ray high???

i read about this a little on the bbc site.
this is really lame, I agree Del!


Ray Winstone (there's an e there) was in Quadrophenia.
Ok I cheated and went to IMBD so sue me!

He's listed as "Kevin" as Ray Winstone.

Huh?

xxxx

Suesjoy said...

oh i get it now.
ray winston is aka ray winstonE.
wow -
that was a daring name change.
:)

Suesjoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suesjoy said...

ok Delbut...forget my pool of ideas.
They're not very original anyway.
Time for you to write a new chapter for Pete!
What was the Who's next hit after ICSFM?
Elaborate for us.
Please.
Pretty please?


you're gonna ban me from your blog now.
i just know it.

Natters said...

I really doubt they'd relegate West Ham - if they did - West Ham would sue them for Millions of pounds. Anyway, Sheffield United should have done better the whole season, so stop moaning!

Ben R said...

Hey Delbut!!

Cheers for the shout out on my blog - I do occaisionally look at it. Maybe I'll even update it some day!!

I've been laying low for a couple of months, but am off on holiday in about 5 hours (driving to RAF Fairford) to set up camp for the air tattoo airshow. There's a site next to the fence, but it's about 15 mins to walk to the entrance!!

I've been getting into the whole Facebook thing lately and catching up with old people from former companies of mine!

All in all, trying to keep my mind on the straight and narrow!

Take care,

Ben

PS - did you hear from Bex about your comssioned piece? I didn't hear back from her after a copule of weeks, and thought as she was so busy with setting up the new forum she couldn't fit it in!!

Janice said...

Seriously Delbut,

I find myself laughing out loud at some of the comments you post!

Anals and Time !

Thanks for being you :)

The Ones Who Heard Music said...

Thanks for dropping by TOWHM Delbut. That place could use an admin team blogger with your wicked sense of humor.

BlackVelvetLace said...

::Wanders in and climbs into the couch:: I don't feel good.

~Lace~