Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dearest Delbut

Hi Folks. I have been invited to guest as an agony uncle for a local paper. Their normal one has gone missing, suspected to have run off with the sport's editor.

These readers' questions are honest to God REAL questions found in the Boots Health & Beauty magazine.

Q. I love wearing long hair straight, but the combination of daily straightening and cold weather has really dried it out. What can i do?

Martha

Uncle Delbut replies: Martha, What the fuck are you moaning about, woman? There are people sleeping on the streets, freezing their cocks off and you worry about hair?

You have several choices from what i can see.
1) Cut it all off and buy a wig.
2) Get over it and just wear it under a hat.
3) Wash it and when it's still wet, put some cling-film over it and stick your head in the fridge over night. This way your hair will be rigidly straight for up to 4 hours at a time.
4) Buy a pot of shallack and use it as a shampoo. That way you will be able to colour it and make it stay straight all in one go. This is the best solution as it lasts all winter and will keep your head dry when it rains.

Q. Since starting taking the pill, i suffer from vaginal dryness, which makes sex uncomfortable. What can i do to combat this?

Name and address supplied.

Delbut:
This is very common. It happens when you take the pill, have a bacterial imbalance or an infection such as chlamydia or thrush.

Another reason is it may be due to your fella being a fat, ugly twat who just doesn't do it for you. You need to try the following and let me know the outcome.

Stand upside down in the shower while the old man rubs in a vapour rub. It's no use as a lubricant (or is that lubricunt?) but it stings like shit and will kill any germs. Next, watch a Johnny Depp film and if that doesn't work, maybe one with Pamela Anderson because you may have turned into a dyke and blokes just dont do it for you.

If all else fails, study the photo of me (enclosed) and if you dont get soaking wet then, i suggest moving to a deserted island because you have no hope.

Q. It's our 10-month-old daughter's first christmas. Should i puree her a bit of everything that we will be eating for lunch.

Abigale

Delbut:

For the love of sweet Jesus. (appropriate for the topic, me thinks)IT'S A FUCKING BABY. It doesn't know how to not shit itself yet. It has no concept of who the fuck the baby Jesus is. Even if he does exist, which i doubt. It was a story made up by the major retailers of this world to make idiots like you buy their crap. Just give it what you normally do, you cretin. In fact, people like you shouldn't be allowed to have children.

Q. I'm dreading the forthcoming party season, as i'm going through the menopause -hot flushes etc. And the combination of the two don't really mix.

Trish.

Delbut: What? Why dont they mix? It gives you an excuse to be ratty with everyone - including the hostess by passing bitchy remarks about her shoes not matching her frock - and then saying: "it's not my fault, i'm going through the change." Bollocks! I dont believe it exists. It's just a time when you realise you are no longer attractive and cant pull anymore and you want people to notice you. News check, girl. It cuts no ice with me. If you want to turn into a miserable pain in the arse and just hit on your husband because the host hasn't checked out your tits for the last 10 minutes, you need to be honest about it. And anyway, the reason we dont check your tits out anymore is because we no longer know where they are. It takes 11 minutes to realise they have moved south by about 3 feet.

Go to the parties, let your husband ogle the young chick from next door and buy a vibrator.


Well people, what do you think of my first attempt of agony uncle? I think i'm bloody good. To the point, as it were.

33 comments:

Suesjoy said...

So...is it raining in Wales???
You need a little sunshine in your life Del!
Talk to Suesjoy.
:)
I sing the happy happy joy joy song for ya.

Suesjoy said...

oops I meant I will sing the happy happy joy joy song for ya.

Just practicing my Chinese..

Suesjoy said...

I will sing to ANYONE who will listen, btw...
you, Pete, my cat, the stray cats who beg daily for food (haven't scared THEM away...yet...damn!).

Spiny said...

Dearest Uncle Delbut,
I play guitar in a band (quite badly at times) and I also sing a bit (quite badly at times). There are 4 of us in the band. Here's my problem:
The drummer has recently gone missing, one gutiarist has gone to Disneyland Paris to get his fix for his fetish over Minnie Mouse, and the bass guitarist has bourght a set of drums and now has a glam-rock fixation!! What shall I do? It was all going so well for 10 years!! Is it my fault for being so bad? I was thinking of starting a Spiny Norman Tribute band! What do you think old wise one?

Delbut said...

Spiny.

Your bass player needs to learn the drums coz he's crap. The drummer is a babe so he needs to be out front singing. You, you need to take up being a roadie.

For a tribute band, i suggest getting Brad Pitt to play the current drummer.

pictures of lily said...

Dearest Uncle Delbut,
can't find the piccie enclosed?

I think you did a great job and should continue your advice/column.

;-)
xxxxxx
ah word veri- "GEWVY"
strange..
"free love".. I guess.

MargieCM said...

Dear Uncle Delbut,

I am suffering greatly, being racked by guilt at having stayed away from a certain blog for so long. I have missed brilliant posts as they appeared, and ignored the creative, sensitive soul behind them for too long.

Should I tell him I'm back and LOVED his last post, or should I just bugger off and continue hibernating?

Sincerely,
47buttitsstillupwheretheywere-designedtobethanksvery-much of Melbourne.

Bex said...

FAB Delbut
I know where to come now if I have any "Troubles"

Love Bex xxxxx

Delbut said...

Lily.

The pic must have self-destructed. They do that, sorry. Will send a likeness carved into a piece of coal for you, instead.

MArgie. I'm sorry but the only thing you can do is grovel like a real grovvely thing and pray to your God that i forgive you.

Bex.

IF???

We all know you suffer from all sorts of head problems. Share with the group. When you are ready.

Bex said...

Delbut don't tell - OH BUGGER you did.
AND I just blogged asking for advice too - gonna look like a right fruitcake now

Bex (Well i think I am)

pictures of lily said...

I will be looking forward to the piece of coal. I will place it gently on the lantle over the fireplace (not in) and periodically ask it for advice...
If it talks back, then I'm with Bex!!
xo

lryicsgrl said...

del,
are you a professional comedy writer?
if not, you should be. i am serious. you can tell, as i am writing in all lower case.


xxsue

lryicsgrl said...

btw,
sue, i think you have the best tiny little singing voice!
;-)

pictures of lily said...

mantle.. see what you do!! mental/mantle...
x

Suesjoy said...

sue:
ah, I don't think Pete agrees...maybe Uncle Del does though!
I was singing like that on purpose (when I sang on your MySpace).
I sang at a friend's wedding once.
The guests left early.
More cake and champagne for me!
:)
Just kidding...OF COURSE.

Uncle Del you need to start an "This Old House Agony Column..."
We had to call a plumber today and this water leak caused major damage...mega bucks...boo hoo hoo.
Now I REALLY have to sell my Rickenbacker...

Fleur de Bee said...

OMG Vapor Cream? LOL So is that what you take as the hostess gift to all your Holiday Parties Del?

Crackameup!
xx

Suesjoy said...

Molly!!
Good one!
He probably does...
:)

pictures of lily said...

Dearest Uncle Delbut,

While preparing for a "girls night out" tonight, I accidently dropped my birth control pills into the toilet. I retrieved them with rubber gloves and laid them on the counter. I am now using the hair dryer on a low heat to dry them. They appear to be ok, do you think they will still be effective in case I bring a bloke home? ( no that part isn't funny, please.)
Or, should I chuck them out and just stay in and tell the girls I have a headache?
Please give advice asap!! I've got 3 hours.

Ps. Am allergic to latex and only use sponges for washing up.

Help!

Delbut said...

Lucy. I wouldn't bother drying them off. The chemicals would have ready been lost down the crapper.

I suggest you still go out, pull a bloke but just give him a blow job. You can do whatever it is you do when he's gone home happy.

Works for me.

pictures of lily said...

Uncle Delbt,

Thanks for the advice. After little thought, I realised anything out the toilet should NOT be ingested in a sealed container or not.

Oh, of course a blow job!! What was I not thinking?!. Very selfish of me.

I have decided to remain sellabutt/celibate?
:-)

Lucy.

Natters said...

Lol. Excellent post gave me a lot of laughs. Even better when you've had a few drinks.

Dear Delbut,

I have an alcohol problem. Can you help?

Natalie

Suesjoy said...

ok yes you ARE bloody good.
the truth hurts...
stop playing with my pain delbut!

Suesjoy said...

Dear Uncle Del,
I am addicted to your blog.
Can you help me?
Your pal,
Sue

elena said...

Hola Delbut!!

How are you doing?? I'm back from the mineshaft.....Hey, my computer is telling me that your blog can be dangerous......¿?....haha..
I am not posting many comments, but I always read yours and I have a great laugh...

Love,
Elena
XXXXXX

Rich Greiner said...

Have yourself a nice Holiday-oops do have Thanksgiving? Now that I think about it- I think we just made this one up to eat a lot and fart in our families houses and get away with it.

Rich Greiner said...

I still am making some plans after the New Year to get to England -I'll let you know more when my unlimited cash supply becomes available!

Anonymous said...

Delbut, something for your amusement on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Q. I once had a man or should I say, he once had me?

~Lost FAITH in him after finding he is married to a British hussy~

Delbut said...

1

Delbut said...

Faith. I am "married" to all women. Including those who have Nun. Please dont be angry.

Anne-Marie said...

Del,
you're the "funny" uncle I never had.

MargieCM said...

Hi Uncle D. OK, I grovelled, and you were gracious enough to forgive me, but that was days ago. Maybe it's time for a top-up grovel. People who write to agony columns have no pride you know.

Actually I have no particular problem either, but I'll happily make a few up if it would please you. Just pick a theme, and I'm there, suffering to order ...

Anonymous said...

Married to all women? Sister Mary Elephant just told me that is adultery! Or maybe bigamy... polygamy? Uhm.. in any case.. I pray for your soul Delbut. I pray for your soul!!

::Begins lighting several hundred candles to back up the prayers. Just in case::

~Has FAITH he will come to his senses and return to the monestary~