Monday, May 08, 2006

Rachel Fuller tribute Band

Some of you may know that I play drums in a covers band, Spiny Norman. I am worldly reknown as "The powerhouse and smoke machine impersonator."

This is a cowardly way of saying i've handed in my resignation but...

I am in the process of getting together some "artists" to create a wonderful tribute to rock goddess, Rachel Fuller.

I'm still working on a name, which once seen or heard, will automatically conjure up Rach.Here are some I have already disregarded.

The Fool Hers -too boring.
The Full Whores -too...whatever.

I finally plumped for. The Fuller Shits. I cannot claim intellectual rights to this name as BEX. Yes, that one, gave me the name.

In fact, Bex was "very up" for being a part of the band. Not being a singer, she has been offered a "dancing" part and maker of all things merchandise. She is reading the contract as we speak. Other bloggers. Namely, Koos, Molly, Ben, Ranceman, KidRic,Elena et al will be contacted shortly to audition for stand-ins if anyone drops out. (Usual terms and conditions apply.)

Here is a photo of the original band. L-R. Guitar man, Rach, Drummer, Stu the bassist.














I have undertaken exhaustive auditions to find the right people. Not only sound-alikes, but lookalikies, too.

As drummer I will take the throne to be the beatmeister.

On Bass guitar I have Brian. Brian is a full-time Stan Laurel look-alike. As his photo below shows, he looks exactly like Stan Laurel and quite a bit like Stu, the Bass player.
















On Guitar I have recruited a character from the Hair Bear bunch. Since the program finished in the 70's, he has struggled to find work and is only too willing to join the band. His fingering of chords, due to the fact that he is a heavy carnivorous quadruped, is very unique and needs seeing to believe.












Finally, the main ingredient. Rachel. I personally interviewed, auditioned, interrogated about 12 candidates for this post. I even contacted neilbymouth (legend of stalking) to see if he had any ideas (he did but I will keep them secret here.)

For some reason my attempts at familiarity did not strike a chord with the mainly 20-25 year-old ladies but that's another story.

Anywho. I finally came up with Trevor. Trevor is a 50 -yer-old, care-in-the-community, trans-sexual recluse. I have managed, with much tuition, to educate him in the "sound" of Rachel and he now manages a good middle C. However, we are still having issues with his dress sense. Far from getting his gear from "Le Attique" Trevor is more your Oxfam charity shop type.

Not really an issue when sitting at the piano except for he needs to rethink the sheerness of the stockings as the hairs on his legs poke through and is not good for publicity shots.

Here is Trevor.








I have purchased an old Ambulance from St John's and have had a quote for painting it pink and installing a Hi-FI system and Karaoke machine. Our first gig is penciled in for Richmond old peoples' home in June. From then we intend do a "Your going home in a fucking Ambulance" tour, which will follow Rachel, following The Who. Guests lined up so far...My mum.

13 comments:

Fleur de Bee said...

OMG I Soooooooooooo want to go on tour with Trevor! LOL Again you have outdone yourself. Thought I sent you an email about my blog....will give you a hollar again :)

XX-Molly

Anne-Marie said...

I think you've got a great act here, Del- I'd pay to watch you all. Hilarious post!

-AM

Anonymous said...

that's another fine mess you've gotten us into.

Marietta Zervou said...

ROFL!
Is it too late to enroll maybe as Tracie's stand-in? I make good coffee (tea, hot choco, Pepsi with a twist, whateva) and can multi-task!
References upon request...

xoxoxo
M

Tausha71979 said...

Oh Fun!!! Can I be in on this?? Of course Bex came up with that name, love it! I'll be the go go dancer?? What do you think, I have the boots

xx

gypsy noir said...

tell trev that hydrofluoric acid is a good hair remover...

Dale said...

Is that Rachel there looking a wee bit pregnant?

Dale said...

...or am I just getting myself into a whole lot of trouble?

Yikes... I will leave my comments up, but please, have mercy.

gypsy noir said...

were trevs tablets fuxitall 500 mlg?.....

AlianaDrex said...

Hey, I can't believe Trevor is available! What a find! You have all the luck.
xx
Ali

neilbymouth said...

lolrofl this is brilliant delbut, we should teamup bags i be the straightman 'delbut and him' we should be called, could be big- love this tribute idea lol

Bex said...

Only kjust caught this post - sorry Delbut - been a bit hectic.
Have managed to fit in a 15 minute session each day practising the triangle though ................

Bex (Youngest Fuller-shit)

BlackVelvetLace said...

OH OH!! Can I audition to be Trevor's stand-in??? Can I? Can I? ::Jumps up and down::

I can do this...

::Sits holding a tea cup and saucer in from of a pink camper with brit flags stuck in the windershield wipers::

Or this!

:::Plays poker with an ace tucked smartly into her black lace stocking::

Or EVEN this!!!!

::Frolics in purple with dogs by a stone bench:::

I bowled once with a red ball.. I hava friend named CELE Hall.. I hava sister.. matter of fact I even have FOUR of them.. I hava boob.. I even have TWO OF THEM! So can I be Trevor's stand in?? Can I pluuuueeassseeee CAN I???